Come Monday...I Want To Dance With Smurfs

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).


I must admit that I am feeling rather foolish. For after hearing of some of the comments about [Avatar], I made up my mind that I didn’t want to see it.

You see, those comments made it sound like the movie was anti-American, and I have been feeling especially ashamed of my beloved country the last several years. Okay, that actually started when our Heavenly Father started allowing and enabling me to see things more and more through His eyes back in 1993, and I certainly did not want anymore salt poured in my gaping nationalistic wounds.

Nonetheless, I felt a strong urge to go ahead and watch the movie when it became available on [HBO], and oh did I ever feel like a fool for heeding the words of a few idiots. For I quickly recognized why the movie has been so heralded by almost everyone else.

I’m telling you, the movie is well worth watching just on account of the imagery alone. For it was nothing short of spectacular on our main television, which is just a basic 36-inch digital LCD, and I cannot imagine how much better it would be on a system with all of the bells and whistles, such as a 3-D quality high definition picture and surround sound.

Furthermore, the movie is most definitely not anti-American. Granted, it could be argued otherwise. For it is certainly anti-greed, with some huge corporation serving as the bad guys, and many in other parts of the world equate greedy corporations with America.

I, for one, would still rather not—despite all evidence to the contrary. Besides, very few in the business world anywhere have clean hands. It is, after all, the nature of business to take before being taken, for the most part.

Please understand, I am not against progress. In fact, I am all for it, but some lines should not be crossed.

Was that cryptic enough for you? I really didn’t want to give too much away.

Of course, since I am probably one of the last in this world to have watched the movie, most already know all about it. It would still make a great addition to your DVD collection. So, if you haven’t already got a copy of Avatar under your Christmas tree…


Please Also Visit: [FishHawk Droppings]

Followers

Pageviews