Come Monday...RyukyuMike

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).

I started to title this piece as, WINNING!, but that brings up bad memories of Charlie Sheen’s meltdown.  Okay, and very few of you would believe it.  OKAY, anyone sober wouldn’t believe it, and the truth be told, he probably just felt sorry for me.

Anyway, around three weeks ago, I entered a contest on [Mike’s Ryukyu Gallery], and I was named one of the winners.  Oh yeah, I was absolutely thrilled.  For the following is what I won.


Yep, that’s an osprey, which is also known as a fish hawk.  Quite obviously, they also live on and around Okinawa.  For that is where Mike lives, and where most of his pictures are taken.





Not only does he take spectacular pictures of all sorts of wonderful things, Mike has a wonderful sense-of-humor, which will be sorely tested.  For when I first thought about the following song for this piece, I was thinking that he is a Scot.  Well, it turns out that Lynch is Irish.  I really do hope he still thinks it’s funny.


Please Also Visit:
and

Followers

Pageviews