Come Monday...The Fresh Air Fund

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).



I can’t recall just exactly when, but I distinctly remember a kid (around my same age at the time) in a television show having no idea where milk came from, other than the store on the corner down the block from he lived in Brooklyn (I think). I thought that was about the most ridiculous thing I had ever heard. For even if he had of never been out in the country, there were plenty of books with information about that sort of thing.

Since then, I have been shown that there is a big difference between reading about something and actually experiencing it in person, which is where [The Fresh Air Fund] comes to the rescue. For they seek to make it possible for thousands of children from New York City to see what life is like outside of the concrete jungle that have been raised in.

If you believe that this is a worthy cause, you can help in a number of ways. Becoming a host family would do the most good, of course.



No, you don’t have to be living on a working farm. For just getting out of the inner city can do wonders. Please take the Brandon Mendoza story for an example.


Yes, times are tough. Nonetheless, becoming host family is another example of where a little can go a long, long way towards changing a person’s life. Hey, it might even be your own life? For these kids have a lot to give, as well.


Please Also Visit:
and

Followers

Pageviews