Come Monday...Lifetime's Cop Dramas


“Come Monday…” is aweekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, televisionshows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will begenerally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “ComeMonday.”  This is subject to change,however.  In fact, I would be mostderelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can begood—right?  Therefore, since good isgenerally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the paralleluniverses that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as beingsomething positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).


Beforewe get started, I would like to make it clear that even knowing about theexistence of [Lifetime] has nothing to do with me not being nearlyas much of a manly man as I truly am.  The same applies to the fact of actuallywatching both of the new(ish) shows being kinda, sorta, maybe reviewed here—beassured.


Okay,if you must know, it is about keeping the peace with the wife, which is whatmanly men do.  Yeah, most are under theimpression that this is accomplished much more through the use of brawn thanbrains, but………it would probably be best for me to just get on with the reviewnow.

Thefirst show is [The Protector], starring [Ally Walker] as a police detective,who now lives with her two kids and younger brother after a fairly amicabledivorce from her therapist husband, who is played by [Jay Karnes], who you may remember from [The Shield] and [Sons of Anarchy].  Ironically, Ally also had (has?) a recurringrole on SoA, with both of their roles being that of somewhat less-than-honorablefederal agents (to put it mildly).


Idon’t think that has anything to do with it. For the role she is now playing is a very sympathetic one, and just herlooks alone should have me slobbering all over myself.  So, why I am not?  (No, let’s not be revisiting that great lackof manly manliness thing again—okay?)


TheProtector also stars [Tisha Campbell-Martin], who played [Damon Wayans] wife onhis [My Wife and Kids] television show.  Alongwith [Miguel Ferrer], who played the Chief Medical Examiner on [CrossingJordan].


Allin all, my wife and I both enjoy the show, and if you would like to give it alook-see, new episodes air on Monday nights at 10 PM CDST.  No, I have not had a discussion with herabout why I don’t find Ally Walker nearly as attractive as I probably should.

Verylittle of what was said about The Protector applies to [Against The Wall].  For it stars, [Rachael Carpani], as anInternal Affairs detective in the Chicago Police Department, and I have notrouble slobbering all over myself when thinking of her.


Anotherthing that Against The Wall does not have in common with The Protector is ourapproval.  For my wife and I only made itthrough one and a half episodes before all of the displays of animosity beingexhibited by her father and brothers against her got to be just too much for usto take.


Yousee, everyone in her immediate family, except for her mother, who is played by[Kathy Baker], of [Picket Fences] renown, is also a cop, and they considerbeing a part of the Internal Affairs Division akin to treason.  Granted, that is not such a far-fetched premise,but with her menfolk doing everything but trying to ram a wooden stake through herheart in almost every other scene, it got old in hurry to us.


No,I don’t think having [Treat Williams] playing the father helps the show allthat much, especially with him being so unfair to a daughter who desperatelywants his approval.  Ah, but strangerthings have happened (like [Roseanne’s Nuts] making it on the air).  If you would like to see what I mean, newepisodes of Against The Wall air on Sunday nights at 9 PM CDST.


Please Also Visit: 
[FishHawkDroppings]
and

Followers

Pageviews