Come Monday...Arbitron


“Come Monday…” is aweekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, televisionshows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will begenerally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “ComeMonday.”  This is subject to change,however.  In fact, I would be mostderelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can begood—right?  Therefore, since good isgenerally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the paralleluniverses that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as beingsomething positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).


Arounda month ago, I received an invitation to participate in a [Arbitron]survey.  If you are not familiar with theservice, Arbitron is to radio what the [Nielsen Ratings] are to television.

Beassured that I felt honored to be asked, and I eagerly agreed to participate inthe survey that was set to begin on October 6 and end on October 12.  However, I don’t think I will be soenthusiastic if there is to be a next time.

No,it has nothing to do with the survey itself. For their survey booklets were even easier to fill-out than thoseemployed by Nielsen.

Whatit does have to do with is all of the “support” provided.  For if I remember right, we received fourdifferent mailings and at least five phone calls for the purpose of making surethat we were filling out the survey before it was all over with.  I wonder if they have had some trouble withthat lately?

Alas,if they had asked back while I was still trucking, I would have had a lot moredata to contribute.  For the AM/FM radioin my truck was almost always on something while I was driving, and I was anavid listener to all sorts of talk-radio programs, with a heavy dash of classicrock mixed-in, of course.

Asfor now, the only radio I hear comes from either my wife’s or my mother-in-law’sradios, and they listen to country music while respectively working andputtering around the house.  So, [KTTS]and [KOMG] got listed while [KWTO] and [KXUS] did not.

Gettingback to how insistent the Arbitron people were with their “support,” I find itodd that they did not call to make sure that the survey booklets were mailedback to them on-time.  They were, but allof the assurances that they were previously given about fully understandingwhat needed to be done didn’t seem to matter. So, when it comes time to get back the booklets that they need so thatthey can get paid is the time to back-off? Strange.  Very strange.

Please Also Visit:
and

Followers

Pageviews